Friday, July 31, 2009

A lot of words for just one link

I often think I could happily sit on the Interweb for the rest of my life, and be amused and entertained. That's what it is: an endless--ENDLESS--source of amusement and horror and information. God, I love it. I start to get the shakes if I don't have access for a while, and I implode if my internet connection goes down, like it did last night. I'm still cleaning up my bits.

I just found a new nugget to feed the addiction: Lifehacker. A very interesting web site whose tagline is "Tips and Downloads for Getting Things Done." Okay, to be fair, I haven't explored it fully but I did like what I saw, such as an article on how to tell if people are lying. (Apparently people say "To be honest" and "to tell you the truth" more often if they're lying; both of which are stupid things to say ANYWAY because saying them sort of indicates that you were going to lie in the first place. Conversational fluff.) To be honest, I'm from Fife, and I use long-handled spoons, to tell you the truth.

Anyway, Lifehacker sort of reminds me of Learn2.com, a site I was involved in the early days of, which did sort of the same thing: gave instructions on all that stuff that wasn't easy to find instructions for. It's now been sold and turned into something that no longer resembles the whimsical early intentions but Lifehacker kind of looks like a modern day version of it.

Check it: Lifehack.com

2 comments:

coffeelvnmom said...

The first sentence on this blogpost is me to a "tee"!! LOL! I am so not going to even go near that lifehack site!!! (just might be the last site to push me over the edge! ha!)

Sierra Godfrey said...

Totally hear you on the link Coffee and thanks for reading! You're awesome!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.