Thursday, August 20, 2009

Some Blah Blah Blah

I must say, I do not like working hard.

That's what happened to me, every day this week so far. Outrage! By 5 pm I'm exhausted and my gray matter is soup, and I cannot think about stories like I like to do.

I am line editing my novel right now, and keeping up with Google Reader where appropriate, visiting new sista blogs where I find them (sista = fellow woman writer, about same age, often same genre). The line editing is going really well and I'm plowing through the chapters. Only problem: ink on almost every single page. As in, it looks like I printed out pages of ink comments and then made a few comments in type. And I will tell you a secret: there was one part that I felt was just complete crap. However, my writing group liked that section unanimously, so. It's definitely a love-hate relationship with my novel. It resents me for resenting it, and I dislike it's refusal to be the way I want it to be. We're too close to each other and now I'm in danger of writing one of those novel-akin-to-marriage posts. (Nothing wrong with those by the by.)

Luckily, I'm still carrying on the love affair with my new laser printer. Oh, I love it so much. The laser printer and I are in the first full flush of love, where we want to print all the time and dreams of toner and drum replacement are far away.

2 comments:

coffeelvnmom said...

Hey...I think I am a sista then! tee hee!

I know where you're coming from when you say you're too close to it...I read all these blog posts about first time writers being too close to their novel and it not being very good and it freaks me out!

Hope you and your printer last a loooong time, btw. ;)

Sierra Godfrey said...

Thanks! :) I never had very good luck with printers so this is exciting. I'm hoping it'll get me a ring soon. :)

I think on the overall, I should have said that I love my novel more than I hate it. That is key, probably.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.