Friday, October 30, 2009

Google Reader Roundup: Friday 10/30/09





Here's my Google Reader roundup for the week, which is the best posts I read this week for the blogs I subscribe to in my Reader.

Lots of delicious snacky things for you this week:

  • A word on titles from agent Kristin Nelson...and, interestingly enough, her remark on how a rockin title might make her request pages from a query, even if the query isn't that strong. Oooh! "Pride and Prejudice 2" here we come! (Does anyone remember that old Saturday Night Live skit with Christian Slater in it, and Chris Farley, and they were all sitting in the attic as a band trying to come yup with a name for a band and Chris Farley is all "How about 'PEARL JAM 2!!!'" Oh it was a classic. You Tube has failed me on getting it for you.
  • And finally, my most useful post this week came from Roni at *Fiction Groupie*, who posted one of the most helpful things about characters I have ever seen--a psychological breakdown. I have long thought that having a degree in psychology would be very useful when writing--because it all comes down to understanding human nature, and the best writers do that, right? So well done for a timely and fabrujous post Roni. I didn't comment on it because I was in the airport being accosted by old lady line jumpers at the time.

Oh! And another thing before we go....Marian Keyes' new book hit the stands today, in Britain, Ireland, and Australia. We yanks have to wait until January (except this one, who is going to order her copy from Amazon.uk. Oh, we have ways.)

Have a happy Halloween my dears. I have some very exciting posts next week for you.


4 comments:

Roni @ FictionGroupie said...

Thanks for the linkage. And old lady line jumpers are the worse. :) Now I'm off to check out your other links. Have a great Halloween.

Tina Lynn said...

I've been waiting for this since last Friday *grin*.

Sierra Godfrey said...

You're too cute Tina!

Lisa Katzenberger said...

Hi Sierra, glad you found the posts on my conference experience helpful. I'm already researching what conference to attend next year -- anyone have suggestions? And I love that photo!!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.