Friday, October 9, 2009

Google Reader Roundup Friday Oct. 9





Here's my roundup for the week, which is a collection of the best posts I read this week for the blogs I subscribe to in my Google Reader.

On a side note, I got to attend an event last night that Nick Hornby spoke at, a sort of Inside the Actor's Studio for authors. Mr. Hornby was engaging and funny and has some very interesting things to say about ebooks vs. traditional books, which I'll post next week. I feel it necessary to say that Nick is dear to my heart for writing Fever Pitch, a most wonderful book about soccer football. (Regrettably, Nick isn't a Hibs fan.)

Now, on with the weekly Roundup.

  • Holy Krakow! This angel has a rage-raising story of being plagiarized. Not good. Happy place. Happy place! Don't do it, people. Be above that. Be better. BE A WRITER, NOT A THIEF! And I ask this question: doesn't "writing" someone else's work take all the fun out of the process? Why bother if you're not going to do it yourself?
  • Little Kettle-head is quite possibly the most bizarre and heinous childrens book ever about a little girl whose head burns off and then she replaces it with a kettle...but wait, there's a happy ending for all. This is by way of Editorial Anonymous, who recommends, quite rightly, that this sort of book is PSYCHO.

3 comments:

Jm Diaz said...

Thanks for the shout out.. and for the list. I'm already on my way to stalking these sites! :)

If you like Steven Seagal, you might wanna stop by my blog ;)

Tina Lynn said...

Sierra,
I tried my best to read all of your suggestions of awesomeness but find that I'm suffering with the droopiest of eyes.

A big YIKES for the whole Angel post.

Moonrat is my new BFF.

Fiction Groupie is my hero.

Still in love with Wil Wheaton.

JM makes me belly laugh.

And that's as far as I got.

Roni @ FictionGroupie said...

Aw, shucks, Sierra, thanks for the plugs. :) Glad you found the posts helpful. And Tina Lynn, you're just too sweet.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.