Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Muchas Gracias Time

I am remiss in not saying how very, very kind two bloggers have been to me in giving me the following awards:


*You might be saying "But I've seen other blogs have the Heartfelt one and that burst of black and red there isn't it." You'd be right. Roni rather sensibly suspected that people, especially her male awardees, mightn't like the usual mouse picture, which is admittedly a bit twee. Hence the cool burst of whatever that is. Thanks for changing it, Roni!!

These awards both have similar rules: that you nominate nine (is it nine? Why nine? Can I just say right now that it completely baffles me when people write "nine (9)...." Why the numeral in parens? Why? Did you think I wouldn't get "nine"? How strange is that? I'm not saying Jessica or Roni did that. I'm just saying I see it a lot at work, and not just with nine. It's odd. And it makes me wonder if the writer of such a thing has been lobotomized.) Anyway, you nominate nine (9) or so different bloggers who you like, list them, and then go post on their blog that they've been awarded. It's almost mind-bloggling (a wee pun) in the tactical planning of it. But the bottom line is that you get to be introduced to tons of other awesome bloggers, several of whose blogs I regularly visit now. These are usually fellow writers, all savvy enough to be loudmouths out on the tinterweb. I like that.

I'm supposed to give these awards on, but I need to gather a long blog roll list up first, so until I do I just want to say thank you to the ladies for these. I think it means you like me, and you like what I post, and that is really, really coolio to me. Maybe one day you'll like my novel, too. I think that's the fun thing: you get to know someone's Voice on their blog, especially if they go on at length, and you obviously come back for more. Then when they get a huge big fat publishing contract (or, you know, whatever), you go run out and buy their book and lurve it and blog about it and there you go. The love has been spread, nine (9) times. (Why do people do that?)

3 comments:

Roni @ FictionGroupie said...

Glad you like the new pic. :) I have no issue with cute little creatures in tea cups, but they're not exactly hip, lol. And yes, nine is daunting. Who sets these rules?

Tina Lynn said...

Nine (9) is a very important number in some cultures. Like hippie Tolkien cultures, "Nine companions..." Anyhoo, I am using nine (9) in one of my soon-to-be brilliant YA novels. The coolest thing about nine (9), is that you always come back to nine (9). For instance-

9 X 2 = 18

Add the digits together-

1 + 8 = 9

And again...

9 X 7 = 72

7 + 2 = 9

Some call it the "perfect" number. Congrats on the Heartfelt Award and the Lemonade Award. From what I have read, they are well deserved. I am still searching for nine (9) people to award as well.

*smirks* Sorry if I overdid the nine (9) thing...you just are so right!

Sierra Godfrey said...

Hang on....I totally heard that nine (9) is the perfect number, I have! So it's true, blog awards and numerics: they all come back to nine (9). Thanks Tina!! You're very sweet.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.