Friday, November 6, 2009

Google Reader Roundup: Friday 11/6/09





Here's my Google Reader roundup for the week, which is the best posts I read this week for the blogs I subscribe to in my Reader.

  • Bit of an interesting commentary from John Grisham on The Today Show with Matt Lauer on the pricing of books. He says he'll be fine, but he doesn't know about anyone else--especially new writers. Scary.
  • You know you wanted to know all about the Google Partners Program. Oh yes you did. Agent Kristin Nelson has a nice explanation.
  • And Janice Hardy has a very nice roundup of the TWO hooks (yes, two) that need to be felt for readers to buy into a story: the emotional, and the intellectual. (If you're not reading Janice Hardy's blog for writers, you're missing out. She is incredibly insightful.)
  • And finally, Marsha's Musings has an interesting post on how you name your main character. Me--well, I probably name mine partly based on names I like, partly based on names with letters that carry weight or meaning for me. I know that sounds weird.
For next week, we all talk about how important beginnings are to books, but what about endings? I have thoughts on endings (you totally knew I did), Monday (part 1) and Tuesday (part 2).

4 comments:

T. Anne said...

I love the links! Big thank you.

Roni @ FictionGroupie said...

These look like great links, I'll have to check them out. Thanks again for including me. :) I'm glad I manage to always hit your list. To think I'm actually helpful and not just rambling into the ether, lol. Who knew?

Meghan Ward said...

Don't you love The Intern? And thanks for the other links!

Tina Lynn said...

I'm sicker than a dog. Links sound like the best time one can possibly have while waiting to puke your guts out.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.