Friday, December 4, 2009

Google Reader Roundup





Here's my Google Reader roundup for the week, which is a list of the best posts I read this week for the blogs I subscribe to in my Reader.

  • For all you out there in the dumps because of repeated rejections, please read my friend and writer Meghan Ward's post on Rejection.
  • Advice from Lynnette (two ts, please) on critique groups, in one, two, and three parts.
  • Meghan Ward again on hiring an editor for your crappy novel work of genius that is perfect but could use a spot of editing.
  • And Roni at Fiction groupie on endings in one and two.

6 comments:

Mary said...

Wow! That list of rejected books before published is very interesting - especially the last one where the author sent in his already published book, but under a different author name and title and everyone rejected it.

Travener said...

I can say definitively that my book is not to Jenny Bent's taste... Actually, not definitively, since I never got an answer to my query.

My favorite story about Alex Haley is how he broke down and cried one day when he got a rejection -- not because he had gotten a rejection (he'd gotten many, many), but because this was the first one with a hand-written notation on it!

BTW, Sierra, I love this round-up feature of yours!

Sierra Godfrey said...

Hi Mary-- that IS crazy!
Trav - try Jenny Bent again because she says on Absolute Write that she endeavors to answer all queries. I think she links to that thread on AW from her blog.

Glad you like! That makes me happy.

Roni @ FictionGroupie said...

Thanks for linking to me and I missed that Editortorent post. I guess thoughts on endings were in the air this week. :)

Jill Kemerer said...

Thanks for the round-up--great idea!

Meghan Ward said...

Sierra, thanks for linking! I love the phrase, "crappy novel work of genius." And thanks for the Jenny Bent post. Makes me want to go out there and keep querying!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.