Friday, January 8, 2010

Google Reader Roundup





We're back with our very first Google Reader Roundup of 2010, and with it, a new banner. (I never liked the Giddyup font.) Also, I've been on vacation all week (let's hear it for post scheduling!) and so have had to quickly, QUICKLY read up on Reader items to create this list. As always, this is a list of the best posts I read this week (or, er, Thursday night) for the blogs I subscribe to in my Reader. Now then:

  • Five things to do before querying. One interesting thing she said that stuck out at me was that she sees writers move from word count and book to book without increasing skills. I don't know how that happens. Do you?
  • Things are changing for me in 2010 (more about that in weeks to come) and so this post by Meghan Ward on balance in life particularly struck a chord.
  • And last but never least is Roni at Fiction Groupie on standing out.
All righty then, that does it for this Friday. Next week I've got an exciting bunch of posts on plot and structure, my favorite topic. Yes! Viva!

5 comments:

Julie Dao said...

Thanks for the links as always, Sierra! I particularly enjoyed Jennifer Stanley's story.

Roni @ FictionGroupie said...

Great links, as usual. I love the list of what agents think about when reading your book. Thanks for including me again. :)

Travener said...

Boy, that piece by Betsy Mitchell was pretty dang depressing, like all news out of publishing. It's a miracle anyone new gets published -- at least it seems that way.

Sierra Godfrey said...

Thanks guys, glad it was helpful--that's what keeps me doing this.

Travener, it was depressing, but I read Roni's post after it, which helped. You just have to have that special something. (Easier said than done, obviously.)

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Great links - thank you. I always love Roni's posts! :-)

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.