Friday, January 15, 2010

Google Reader Roundup





I hope you enjoy this week's collection as much as I did. You'll see multiple posts by people because it appears the blogging community was ON FIRE this week.

  • Rachelle Gardener isn't buying the line about ereaders delivering so much more than just words. I liked her bold statements about the topic, because deep down, I'm not buying it either, especially after having been on this side of the production of fiction. But that's a blog post for another time.
  • Meghan Ward pushes the boundaries of blogging and achieving dreams with two amazing ideas in one: v-logging for a blog, and also creating a dream visualization poster. I'm a firm believer in writing down your goals--and the act of writing it helps make it real (along the lines of The Secret), and creating the poster takes one intelligent step further. LOVE IT.

6 comments:

Julie Dao said...

Lynnette's post is awesome. I use dreams way too often in my stories.

Sierra Godfrey said...

Hi Julie!!

I did too, and one thing that was super interesting was I used Lynnette's criteria to question if those scenes were really all that necessary. They weren't! Very helpful.

Roni @ FictionGroupie said...

Okay, so I woke up today convinced it was Thursday and only when I saw your post, did I realize it's Friday, lol. That's sad. I actually had to go change something on my post today because I had mentioned my contest ends tomorrow when it actually ends today. Wow. It's been a long week.

Thanks for the mention and I'm now off to check out the posts you listed that I missed. :)

Meghan Ward said...

Thanks for the links - and for the mention. I'm also off to check out the other links you posted! I've always been taught not to use dreams in stories, so I'm especially curious to read Lynnette's post.

Lindsey Himmler said...

Thanks so much for doing these round-ups. Love to see things that I missed!

Sierra Godfrey said...

I'm so glad you guys like it Lindsey....it definitely keeps me doing them!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.