Friday, January 22, 2010

Google Reader Roundup


  • Rachelle Gardener, again, has a nice list of e-mail protocol. The list is actually the way all business email correspondence should be. Even in the business world I am amazed at how sloppy and illiterate some people are, or how little importance is placed on making your e-mail look professional. All I can say about that is, I'm a stickler when it comes to looking professional, and if you don't take the time to project that image, then you're an idiot.
  • ....this post from freelancer Katheen Rusch on professional jealousy-- I highly recommend reading this while listening to Pet Shop Boys' Jealousy, but I understand if you don't want to. It's good, though. Give it a go. I did. It's really nice. Just click it. Please.
  • And Meghan Ward has a good post on why she reads, all of which I agree with, not surprisingly (and did you enter her contest this week? She'll be having more. Check her blog often).
Happy weekend peeps and next week the theme is "Getting Discouraged." Full of excellent.

7 comments:

Roni @ FictionGroupie said...

Ooh, I get two mentions this week? I must've been on top my game, lol. Thanks. That article by Rachelle is pretty interesting. I buy many of my books based on online recommendations and reviews, so that kind of marketing definitely works on me.

CKHB said...

I *love* the Overwriters Anonymous post!

annerallen said...

CKHB just sent me over. I've been wearing her virtual tiara of power all day. What a great blog here! All kinds of great links!

BTW, I hope you'll check out my guest post on Nathan Bransford's blog today. It's about the secret reason why we write, even though everybody thinks we're crazy to keep at it.

Sierra Godfrey said...

Welcome Anne and how exciting that you got to do a guest blog for nathan bransford! I'll definitely be running right over the read it. Thanks for coming by!

Amber Tidd Murphy said...

My goal in life is to be mentioned in your roundup. I am going to have to start posting more informative insights on my blog! Darn you, Tina Lynn, I'm so jealous that you got a shout out and I didn't! (Seriously, I am jealous, but congrats. That was an awesome post.)

Another great Friday roundup, Sierra!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I love your Reader Round Up posts! Roni is always a font of great info. :-)

Tina Lynn said...

I can't believe I got a mention! I'm feeling a bit loopy now. I mean...wow!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.