Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Word Up Wednesday: Feisty

This week's word is feisty. I love this word because it sounds exciting and passionate, a bit like how spicy sounds, well, spicy. It's that st combination I love. And I love the meaning, too. It can mean full of animation, energy, spirited, also spunky and plucky (plucky itself is a pleasing word to pronounce). But it can also mean ill-tempered, although I don't normally associate cranky and mean with feist. I tend to think of someone who is feisty as someone who is perhaps meeker in stature or strength, and yet quite sure of his or her convictions and will defend them with bared teeth if attacked. My grandmother is very feisty and I think that older people are cute when feisty. It shows an indomitable spirit.

My sentence is:
Go ahead and try to steal my porkchop; you'll soon see how feisty I can be.

What's yours?

4 comments:

T. Anne said...

I can be feisty without my coffee. In fact I already am ;)

Travener said...

Sierra got all feisty when I misread what the Chicago Manual of Style was saying about proper nouns yesterday.

Melissa Marsh said...

Throw me in a room full of politicians and watch me get feisty.

Sierra Godfrey said...

LOL guys, love it! Trav you're right, I was way feisty in yesterday's posts and comments!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.