Friday, February 12, 2010

Google Reader Roundup





My God what a crappy week for the blog. I lost a follower (!!!), I discovered Comcast watches me, and there were very few comments on the posts this week. I'm losing it, people. Losing it! Good thing there's the Google Reader Roundup:

  • This interview with YA author Olugbemisola Rhuday-Perkovich is inspiring in its richness of how she recounts her reading experiences as a teen, and also this smart, vibrant woman's way with words. Olugbemisola is one of those people who write elegantly and wisely--every time I read these authors I curse my own rotten avocado brain. Also, she mentioned Wallace & Gromit in reference to cheese-eating, and in my house, that is a frequent reference. BFF!
  • Roni at Fiction Groupie sears a heinous Lifetime TV movie with plot problems after plot problems. (The first link is about characters who are too stupid to live; the second is about contrived coincidence.)

8 comments:

CKHB said...

I don't think it was just you, it felt like an abnormally slow week for me, too, both in reader responses and in the amount of activity on other blogs. Hang in there!

Lt. Cccyxx said...

Nah, it isn't you. It's been a wacky week all around. Thanks for the links!

Roni @ FictionGroupie said...

Dude, I lost a follower today too. What's up with that? Hmm, maybe someone over at Lifetime was following my blog.

Thanks for linking to me. All is right with the world when I make your round up. :)

Travener said...

Well, you won't lose this follower. For one thing, I love the Google round-up. Why should I do all the hard work when you'll do it for me?

Melissa Marsh said...

I like reading your Google round-up, too. Saves me a lot of time and effort finding the best stuff out there!

BTW - I am a HUGE Wallace and Gromit fan!

Sierra Godfrey said...

You guys are super sweet!

Matt said...

Dude. I lost a follower once too. I don't know what I, or you, said, but it must have been huge. Do you know what it takes to stop following someone? It's quite an undertaking. But I'm sticking with you too. And I haven't had many comments this week either. I thought it was me. Maybe it's the snow.

And who doesn't love Wallace and Gromit?

Meghan Ward said...

Thanks for the links and the mention! I'm following you!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.