Friday, February 26, 2010

Google Reader Roundup





  • Dang! Jessica Faust recaps the kinds of queries she's getting (and rejecting) this year. The stats are pretty sloppy-looking. This is good, because none of you reading this are that sloppy, I know this in my heart.
  • For when you get your dream agent, bookmark this post on how to communicate with him or her from Rachelle Gardener.
  • Lynnette Labelle continues her manuscript formatting series with this discussion of the synopsis -- that hated, dreaded bit of writing that you must have ideally before you start querying, and which no one ever does.
  • Tips and tricks for managing your social networking from Roni at Fiction Groupie. She's good, people. Real good. I find myself leaching off her topics because they get me thinking.
  • I love Amber Tidd Murphy's TMI Thursdays, in which she usually posts a bunch of great things about herself that are very personal and always hilarious. Here is last week's, and then here's this week's, which is, um, well, there's poo involved. You've been warned.
  • And last, but sooooooooooooo not least is easily the best thing I saw all week: the Shady URL shortener. Oh yes. "Don't just shorten your URL, make it suspicious and frightening." Go on, roll yer mouse over the link there. See what it is? See what that says? It says bad things about eating dogs and tracking you and the like. But it isn't that. Click it and you will see it takes you to shadyurl.com. Is it wrong that I am getting so much pleasure from this.

6 comments:

Travener said...

Yeah, thanks for the shout-out...I think. You beat me to posting about that Guardian article. Better on your Round-Up anyway, which is always a must-read.

Roni @ FictionGroupie said...

Thanks do much for the linkage and the kind words. You're the bestest. :)

And omg, the shady URL thing is awesome, thanks for that. Now off to check out the links I missed this week. Your round up is like Cliff's Notes for me when I'm slacking on blog reading. :)

Amber Tidd Murphy said...

I always smile when I make the round-up. It really makes me feel special. Thanks for laughing at and with me.

I, too, loved all the "writing rules" posts. I felt very inspired and thoughful and kept starring them in my reader.

Sierra Godfrey said...

Only laughing WITH you Amber.

Thanks Trav and Roni! I love that you like this.

Meredith Rae Morgan said...

I love your Roundup! I'm trying to catch up after a few weeks semi-out of the saddle.

Janna Qualman said...

So many good bullet points. Thanks!

And thanks, too, for visiting my blog, Something She Wrote. It's so nice to see new faces!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.