Friday, March 26, 2010

Google Reader Roundup





Bit of a short Roundup this week. I could give you some pretty dismal news reports of how HIDEOUSLY Hibs have played recently, causing a spiral down the table (but still above city rivals, Hearts, so not all is lost, that's the main thing). I could argue that it's the condition of their pitch (water logged and torn up), but I really find that to be a weak excuse. I mean, hello. It's winter in Scotland. Water, meet ground. Anyway, we haven't chucked our manager yet, although Smeltic have. Notice the Smell in Celtic, there? Ha ha! You know what I liked about Smeltic's manager, Tony Mowbray? It was that we all call him Monkeyhead. Yes. They should have kept him for that reason.

Oh right, the Roundup.

  • Via Janet Reid, who talks about quotes out of context (very much worth a read) comes this Query Letter Blunders.
  • Super rad post on diagramming a scene with convincing reasons why it works, from Matthew Delman at Free the Princess

8 comments:

Lt. Cccyxx said...

Thanks again, Sierra!

Your second from last post sounds like the people who rate movies on Hulu down because they don't like the sound quality or the advertisement at the beginning. Being a consumer doesn't mean you lose all responsibility - are you rating the product or the experience?

annerallen said...

Thanks, Sierra! I always look forward to your links. They're always useful and often lead me to great blogs I hadn't visited before. The scene diagram from Matthew Belman is brilliant.

Sierra Godfrey said...

Lt -- So true about the Hulu raters. I guess that's the price of putting art out for public consumption.

Anne - I'm so glad my Friday links are useful to you! I've been using Matthew's scene diagram all week.

Jill Kemerer said...

Great links! I loved the Rookie Mistakes one!

Jon Paul said...

Sierra--Great list of links. Thanks for putting them up. Thanks also for stopping by my place and following. I appreciate it!

Sierra Godfrey said...

And thank YOU Jill and Jon!

Alicia J. Frey said...

Thanks for the list of links.

BTW - My level of maturity was revealed to myself when I giggled that you have 69 followers. (Gutter mind!) Hehe. There's an award for you on my blog.

DL Hammons said...

Hey Sierra, I have something waiting for you over at my blog. :)

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.