Friday, April 23, 2010

Google Reader Roundup





I'm super excited...this weekend I'll be away taking a self-editing workshop with author Catherine Ryan Hyde. I've never done this type of thing, so I'm really looking forward to it, despite the guilt trip the whippersnapper has already laid on me for going away for the weekend. Tuesday I'll post a recap of my experience. But for now, the Roundup! It's a bit short this week because I seem to have been absent from the Reader and Twitter most of the week, but I honestly can't tell you where I was...I don't remember what I was doing. How sad is that, that it's Thursday night and you can't remember what you did all week, and there aren't any new tattoos that give you a clue? Dang. I think I need to get a wee bit more sleep than I've been getting, yes?

  • Via Nathan Bransford's week in publishing roundup last Friday (just in case you missed it, likes) is this great article of the richest fictional characters. Carlisle Cullen from Twilight wins. I'm still trying to figure out how Sir Topham Hatt's fortune was calculated, but I always knew he was rich.
  • Tina Lynn has a timely rant about religion and politics and social networking. Now, Tina and I do not see eye to eye on politics, but I can't agree more with her when she says, "This does not make me less intelligent than you or vice versa."
  • Rachelle Gardener has a guest blogger, Becky Levine, who has a good post on choosing the critique group that's right for you. She wrote the book on it, so you'll want to read this. And I'll be doing a post on this in the next few weeks (which I also personally and in a totally unconceited way believe you will also want to read, even though I haven't written it and I have only a vague idea of what I'll say).

11 comments:

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Helpful...thanks!

Jenna Wallace said...

Thanks for the links. I hadn't come across the WM Freelance site before.

Travener said...

Icelandic volcano jokes! Of all things. Next thing you know, they'll be making fun of Tiger Woods!

Julie Dao said...

Thanks for the links!

Roni @ FictionGroupie said...

Thanks for the link and that article on crit groups was great.

Speaking of which, I'm going to shamelessly plug in your comments (please don't send a swarm of barn owls my way.)

If anyone writes romance and is interested in joining an online crit group, please check out details on my blog. http://fictiongroupie.blogspot.com/2010/04/critique-group-contest-romance-critter.html

Sierra Godfrey said...

Caroline, glad you liked them :)

Jenna -- I hadn't either; think it focuses on short story forms?

Trav - That would be shocking and uncalled for! (jokey joke)

Julie -- love you

Roni -- plug away and I'll give you plugs on Monday too. No barn owls to you except to send you letters of adoration, harry potter style.

Roni @ FictionGroupie said...

You're the bestest, girlie. Thanks!

Anne R. Allen said...

Thanks for the link love and have a fantastic weekend. You'll be able to educate us all after your intensive course with CRH!

atsiko said...

Great links. I'd even not seen a few of 'em already. ;)

Cynthia Reese said...

Thanks for the links, and don't let that whippersnapper guilt you too much!

Amber Tidd Murphy said...

love the short story - to - novel post, so thanks for sharing that!

mwah. have a great weekend.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.