Friday, May 7, 2010

Google Reader Roundup





Hoy. First of all, if you read my Thursday 5 yesterday, you will see that I listed Jane Friedman's weekly Best Tweets posts as one of my top 5 favorite resources, but I made a jokey joke about it and said, ha ha, get this, no really-- I said, "it's nearly as good as my Roundup."

And Jane found it and read it.

And probably thought I was being a VERY RUDE GIRL.

I wasn't! It was a joke.

Lesson: don't joke.

  • Kristen Lippert-Martin has fantastic, pee-in-your-pants inducing exciting news: she's newly agented. Go by and congratulate her! She's a very funny lady.
  • I missed this last week and it appeared in Nathan Bransford's This Week in Publishing -- but never fear. I mine his posts for you, yes! Here is Pimp My Novel's publishing industry misconceptions. My favorite? #1 - anyone can write a book. Eric and i agree: no they cannot!
  • Holy KRAKOW! Agent Kristin Nelson talks about reading her slush pile for the first time in years, and also what problems she sees in opening pages. I'll be posting Monday about opening pages, using what I've learned around the tinterwebs and also from workshops and also crap I make up.
  • You'd better read this form rejection from Tahereh, because a) she's very lovable and b) it made me pee my pants with laughter. Oh, the things that amuse writers.

6 comments:

Anne R. Allen said...

I knew it was a joke! I love Jane, but I'd be sad to find out she doesn't have a sense of humor.

Janice Hardy and Agent Kristin's stuff on opening pages is great. After I read them, I looked at the first page of the ms. I've been shopping around and went OMG, this sux! I look forward to reading your take on the subject.

Thanks so much for the link! (Incidentally, is that a typo there?)

Roni @ FictionGroupie said...

lol, that's funny that Jane from Writer's Digest found you. I think it was pretty clear you were making a joke, so I wouldn't stress.

That google alert feature keeps me on my toes about who and what I mention. I learned about that when I'd review a book and then the author would stop by the blog. (Thankfully, I don't post bad reviews, but still.)

Amber Tidd Murphy said...

I saw that she commented! I thought she knew it was a joke. ;)

Meghan Ward said...

Thanks for the link, Sierra!

Sierra Godfrey said...

She knows I'm joking :)

Anne, I see no typo or transposed word. Not anymore, anyway. Lalala!

Tahereh said...

OMG i didn't know you linked me zomg ZOMG

thank you!!!!!

<3333

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.