Friday, May 28, 2010

Google Reader Roundup

Pssst! Don't forget a verrrrry exciting interview on Tuesday with an amazing NYT bestselling author!

  • TH Mafi scored an interview with Nathan Bransford by selling her soul to the devil. What you need to know about Tahereh (as she demands you call her; I call her "freaking awesome") is that she is way, way smarter than the rest of us and way, way younger. This means she has YEARS of arse-kicking ahead of her, the likes of which we can't even dream of. The things this girl says, you will pop your clogs, I tell you. My only consolation: I am smart enough to know that I am not as smart or sharp as her. Or Nathan, for that matter, but that's a given.
  • Jennifer Blanchard gives us 4 warning signs why your novel isn't working. Scary stuff! The question is, if you can identify with any of them, will you have the guts to give up, fight, or what? (I poured over them all obsessively until I'd convinced myself my novel didn't have those points.)

12 comments:

CKHB said...

I love your Friday round-ups. I'm sorry I sometimes forget to stop and tell you so.

Jackee said...

What a great round up! Thanks for sharing. I'm so glad I've found your blog!

Simon C. Larter said...

*bows*

Thank you, good lady, for listing me in your roundup. See how magnanimous I can be in victory?

And once I've engineered your utter destruction, I'll be the first to offer a hand to help you back up. After all, what's the point in being a nemesis if you can't be gallant and devastatingly charming with it?

Roni @ FictionGroupie said...

Yay, I made it on the list this week. Thanks for including me. :)

I checked out your nemesis' post and I may try to email commenting thing. I've been terrible at responding to comments lately. Between writing, blogging, critting, tweeting, (oh and doing that whole wife/mommy thing) it's the first thing that falls by the wayside even though I appreciate each and every comment I get.

Travener said...

Thanks as usual for the great Friday collection. I think I have avoided the 4Ts. Pretty sure. Kinda sure. Oh, who TF knows?

Anne R. Allen said...

Fantastic round-up as usual--and I'm sooooo honored to be designated a "super-duper smarty-pants!"

Sierra Godfrey said...

Carrie, the once in a while is super appreciated and makes me happy that you read this.

Jackee...I'M glad you found my blog too!

Nem - It's not a victory, man, it's more like infamy!

Roni -- I thought of another reason why emailing comment replies isn't best. I'm going to do a whole post on it Monday in fact.

Trav - knowing is the hardest part. I'm STILL waiting for someone to tell me that YES my writing is good YES my story is good YES YES it is GOLD, because strangely I don't believe everyone who says so. That could be because I force them to say it. Hmmm. Tactical rethink in order, perhaps.

Anne -- is all true.

Amber Tidd Murphy said...

I know I tell you every Friday, but I seriously think you have the best round-up in bloggerland... and that is saying a LOT, since Tina did a round-up today, too... and *cough* included me.

lololol. You know I'm teasing, right? Sometimes I'm afraid sarcasm gets lost in comments. (Can you do a post about how to use bold and italics in blog comments. Yeah, I seriously lack skills.)

Mwah!

Amber Tidd Murphy said...

And I lack the ability to know when to use the question mark. Re: the one missing in the above comment. That seriously irks the you-know-what out of me.

Grr. Happy weekend, Sierrrrra!

Sierra Godfrey said...

So wait Amber....are you saying you were kidding about the Roundup being the best in bloggerland???

Olugbemisola (Mrs. Pilkington) said...

awesome as usual. that is all.

Tahereh said...

LOOOL HOW DID I MISS THIS?!

HOW HOW HOW??

you are adorable. and hilarious. and i THANK YOU!

<33333333

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.