Friday, June 11, 2010

Google Reader Roundup

Okay guys, listen up. The World Cup starts tomorrow and I'm jumping up and down in excitement, as though I have to pee. Seriously, how fun. Some of you know that I am a supporter of the Edinburgh, Scotland-based team, Hibernian FC. Scotland isn't in the World Cup, but we will be seeing some good action from some of the best players in the world.

Because I know most of you don't care as much as I do, I have a very special link for you instead: World Cup 2010 Hotties. Yes. Now listen, there's not much argument here that the winner of the hottie contest is going to be Christiano Ronaldo, just as long as he keeps his inflated-ego, arrogant mouth shut. And don't tell anyone I said he's hot.


Now for the Roundup.

  • The Savvy Book Marketer has a list of book marketing ideas -- the only pity with this post is that it's one nearly unreadable block of text. Sorry. You've been warned. Perhaps I shall summarize for you in a post soon with my added ideas.
  • Natalie Whipple writes about the importance of hating your book. When I saw this, I was all ZOMG I EFFING HATE MY BOOK RIGHT NOW and therefore her post was fantastic. Even if you don't hate your book, maybe you should. Have a wee looky-loo at this post and find out how it helps.
  • Anne Allen with another spectacular post (you're reading her blog, right? Sometimes I feel silly posting her posts here in the Roundup because you should all be reading her blog ANYWAY) on 5 things we have wrong about agents.
  • Check this book review by Lt. Ccyyxxx on the book Blind Submission, a fictional tale set at a literary agency. His review makes it sound a very, very tasty read.

11 comments:

Tahereh said...

NICE! i've missed so many of these! off to click away :D

Simon C. Larter said...

Yup, what Jody Hedlund said. (That's my favorite link of the roundup. Well, inasmuch as I can have a favorite out of your usual steaming piles of linkage.)

:)

Travener said...

I hope the Hibernians score many runs and maybe a few three-pointers!!

Roni @ FictionGroupie said...

I don't follow soccer (I'm a college football girl), but I hope you enjoy the World Cup. Those are certainly some nice looking men playing the game, lol.

Thanks for the links, as always. I hadn't seen Jody's post, so I'm glad you listed that one. There really was something in the air this week with that topic. And also, thanks for including me in the list this week--glad you liked the book recommendation.

Lt. Cccyxx said...

Great list as always, and thanks for the shout-out!

Anne R. Allen said...

Sierra, that's me blushing. I look forward to your Friday round-ups. I find the best blogs here I never would have come across otherwise.

Thanks!

Sierra Godfrey said...

Thanks guys, you're all very sweet. Have a great weekend!

Linda G. said...

Thanks for all the great links! I love it when people share the sites they've found helpful and/or entertaining. :)

Amber Tidd Murphy said...

I knew my ploy would work to get back in your good google-roundup graces. ;)

Have a wonderful weekend full of hot sweaty boys and (soccer) balls.

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

Hey Sierra! Thanks for including me in your round up:-) New follower!

Sierra Godfrey said...

Thanks Frankie! How cool!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.