Friday, June 18, 2010

Google Reader Roundup

I want you to know I am eating chocolate brownie ice cream while preparing this post. It's been that kind of week.

  • Lynn Price (I think? Cause the blog is called Behler Blog? Not sure what a Behler is? But my imagintion is running, and it involves aliens and pirates) has a great post on the bullets of a good pitch, and uses the recent Query Shark Win for an example. Well worth a read, even if you don't know what a Behler is.
  • When you're putting an ad on Craigslist to rent an apartment, for God's sake do some basic editing! (says Julie Dao, and quite rightly too)
  • And last but not least, here are the goals scored in the USA-England World Cup match last week, done entirely in Legos -- please especially admire the poor Green fumble, again and again.

10 comments:

Simon C. Larter said...

Ah, yes. The fumble heard round the world. Or, at least, round every television set that was blasting that game.

Gads, but that was a sorry way for the U.S. to eke out a draw. Not to mention England squandering breakaway after breakaway. Right at the keeper? Again? Wha...?

Sorry. Too busy talking football to nemesize today. (It's like jazzercise! With extra evil!) I'll be back some other time with snark to spare.

Roni @ FictionGroupie said...

Thanks for the roundup, I'm so behind this week, so this is a big help.

And thanks for picking two of my guest bloggers for the list. My crit group members did me proud. Everyone is probably going to be bummed to see me back today, lol.

Tahereh said...

haha awesome roundup -- and thanks for the linkage :D :D

that lego video was AWESOME!

Jody Hedlund said...

Love your round-up! I didn't see all of these posts, so now I'll need to go check some of them out!

Gwen said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Sierra! :D

Susan Fields said...

Wow - there's a lot going on! Thanks for all the links, and I hoped you enjoyed your ice cream. :)

Sierra Godfrey said...

Hey guys, glad you liked and thanks for commenting!

Nemesis - I HATE to agree with you, so I won't, but I currently hold the opinion that the US goal was quite sad in that it was really an england own goal and not a glorious shot into the net, Gerrard style.

SAMUEL PARK said...

Lots of lots and great posts! Yay. I'm impressed by your round-up. I tried doing it once (a round up) and gave up after a week--glad that you (and Nathan Bransford) are so good at it. Re: previous post, about branding: genius, super helpful. Really useful advice that I'm going to start using right away. (I was so dumb when I started blogging, I didn't even put my name on my blog.)

Tawna Fenske said...

Hey, thanks for the mention! I missed a lot of these, so thank you for compiling such a great list for me to pick through and enjoy!

Tawna

Sierra Godfrey said...

Samuel, thanks for the kind words...I don't actually think you were dumb, as branding efforts are tricky, but the important thing is that your name is out there now, when it counts. So none of the early stuff matters. I'll be discussing this more on Monday in a recap of the whole branding debate.

Tawna...I picture you picking through these links with your toes.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.