Friday, July 30, 2010

Google Reader Roundup

TGIF! First and foremost I want to remind everyone about my character description contest, which you have until August 8 to enter, and win a $20 Amazon certificate! ($25 if we get 30 unique entries....have to work hard for that one, I'm afraid.)

Now!

  • Jenny bent's intern talks about how it really is to read slush. Pretty interesting stuff-- particularly the subtle point that the harder you make it for agents, the longer it will take to get to your stuff.
  • Jody Hedlund, again, has a new web site and blog design...she's moved into a professional package for herself, which is a great idea for an author. To celebrate, she's holding a giveaway that ends July 30. Just leave a comment on this post.

5 comments:

Simon C. Larter said...

I actually clicked on one of your links. Normally I refuse to do this, because really, how could your cretinous tastes possibly offer any appeal for me? But this one was all right. Congratulations.

#IPYD

Tahereh said...

awesome lineup, love! i missed a lot of these links :D

KLM said...

I had an idea for your contest but then I decided it was too mean. Unfortunately I haven't thought of a less mean entry yet. To make up for this, I'm going to pimp your contest in my post for Monday.

Jm Diaz said...

You just saved me a bunch of time as I play blogger catch up... thanks!

Linda G. said...

OMG! I made your Google Reader Roundup! I love reading it every week, and there I am. I feel so honored, like I've ARRIVED! Thanks. :D

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.