Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wednesday Word: Annual Word Drive

What happened is this: it's 10:19 PM on Tuesday night at this writing, and I'm super, super tired. I am also busy writing and do not wish to stop. Also, am still grossed out by the guy who sat next to me on BART today and reeked of garlic and other sinister odors. Could see green waves of garlic stink coming off him. It colored the air. There was no where to go. I breathed shallow, into my hand. I tweeted it on my phone (because duh, what else is twitter for but to tweet about stinky garlic guys?). I closed my eyes and prayed for him to feel the need to change cars.

Thankfully, he got off in four stops, but it left a mark. It's okay to eat garlic, goodness yes. But you musn't roll in it, or dig a hole and then fill it with garlic paste or crushed garlic in olive oil, or any derivative of garlic at all, and then bathe in it. And then expect to sit next to people on BART. It's just not on.

Anyway, I don't have a word today. I can't think of any, actually, except ones that have to do with Spain or the World Cup, which I am STILL (YES STILL) thinking about and super excited about. I know you're not. It's okay. I understand. (Not really.)

BUT.

I know, because I've seen, comments here and there and not even on this very blog! On other blogs too! Where you say that you wish I'd cover a certain word or two. Well. Now is your chance. I shall hereforth and hereby and therein and whereby and thusly announce the following:

The Annual Wednesday Word Suggestion Drive

Add suggestions in the comments! If your word(s) is(are) chosen, I shall write an amusing story about it for you and then link to you of course. You get all the credit AND you get an amusing story!

But wait! There's more!

If you act now, within the next few minutes, you will get this lovely compilation DVD set of all Word Up Wednesdays in a handy list! (not really)

Hurry, operators (well, the comments) are standing by to take your order!

12 comments:

Travener said...

Gallimaufry.

Christine H said...

My Scrabble partner introduced me to a new word yesterday, and it's even an interesting literary device:
zeugma

Lt. Cccyxx said...

Crepuscular.

DL Hammons said...

Egregious. :)

JEM said...

Give a girl a warning, I was EATING when I read this. I skipped the smelly part.

My word: scrappy. Means so many things to writers, siiiiiiiiiigh.

Jck said...

Hi Sierra, omg the garlictity!
my word: Penumbra.

Sierra Godfrey said...

LOVE IT! Keep em coming guys. I am looking forward to this.

MOLLYC said...

FECKLESS

Sharon Axline said...

Vapid

Sharon Axline said...

and one more.... antidisestablishmentarianism

Linda G. said...

Defenestrate. I know you can be amusing with that one. :)

Simon C. Larter said...

Defenestrate, disembowel, caliginous, imminent, immanent, nemesize, antepenultimate, apocalyptic, resurgence, fibrillating, scabrous, glabrous, vivisection.

>:)

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.