Friday, August 20, 2010

Google Reader Roundup

  • Brandi Guthrie at Cursings and Musings gives 5 tips for avoiding negativity. And when your publishing dreams aren't going right, this is a handy list to have.
  • Again the Nemesis shows a glimmer of intelligence with this well-presented discussion of when to use different dialogue tags. (The Nemesis has been writing a lot of really good posts lately. He must have made a Dorian Gray-style deal with the devil. In an attic somewhere, there is a musty pile of rotten manuscript pages and blog posts.)
  • Nathan Bransford tackles the blog post of all blog post (and if anyone can tackle it, he can): How to write a novel.
  • Jessica Brooks, that coffelvnmom, offers us Thursdays with Snip, which is a post every Thursday written by her snippy alter ego. I kind of love that, in a schizophrenic kind of way. Snip's post this week has a roundup of contests.Go.
  • Andrew Karre at Carol Rhoda Books makes an excellent case for the advance-royalty-value case of publishers, and why Seth Godin gets under his skin. (For the record, Godin gets under my skin too for the same reasons Mr. Karre gives, as does every entrepreneurial person who claims his or her way is the way forward, and the "traditional" model of agents/editors as gatekeepers is dead. Whatevers.)

6 comments:

Jody Hedlund said...

Great Round-up, Sierra! Especially because you include me! ;-) Seriously, I'm gonna have to head over and read about Eric deleting his wife's novel. Sounds like a fun post!

Roni @ FictionGroupie said...

Ooh, I made it twice this week. :) Okay, so Nora Roberts helped me a bit on the second one, but whatevs.

Now I'm off to check out those posts I missed!

Linda G. said...

I love your Roundup posts! It might take me the whole weekend to get through all the links, but it's always worth it.

Sierra Godfrey said...

Jody -- you and Roni are FIXTURES on this roundup because you two consistency produce high quality and informative posts --and the holy grail of posts: thought-provoking.

Linda-- thanks for loving these. I love you for loving these.

Anne R. Allen said...

I look forward to your Friday Round-ups. You always catch something I've missed. And it warms the old heart-cockles when I see my own name on the list. Thanks a bunch!

Simon C. Larter said...

I've been away. Hard to nemesize properly when you don't have decent 'net access. Rest assured I've been sowing the seeds of your destruction, though.

Also, thanks for the mention. And never mind about the picture. You'll never discover its location. >:)

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.