Friday, September 3, 2010

Google Reader Roundup

  • Eric at Pimp My Novel has another type of cautionary tale, mainly about meeting deadlines. He reports the story about Adrian Wojnarowski failing to meet a deadline from 2007 (you read that right) and having been paid a $140,000 advance out of $400,000. I'll meet your deadline. Just saying.
  • Agent Kristin Nelson has a very good reason for pseudonyms. Incidentally, I couldn't agree more that you may want to separate your writing life --even if published -- from your professional one.

8 comments:

Clarissa Draper said...

These are great. I'm going to have to go through them.

CD

Linda G. said...

I always look forward to your Friday posts--you find the best stuff! As usual, you did not disappoint this week. :)

Lt. Cccyxx said...

Nice. My reader totally got away from me this week...so now I can just look at your links and delete the rest of it!

Meghan Ward said...

Can you imagine having to give back your advance? Ugh. Big bummer!

Sierra Godfrey said...

Thanks guys! Clarissa and Linda and Lt., you're so nice about my links, I'm glad you all like them!

Meghan, NO I can't imagine giving it back--but maybe it's a good case for putting advance money into an account and earning interest on it and NOT spending it...JUST IN CASE.

Anne R. Allen said...

SLOW BLOGGERS RULE!! Thanks for the mention. A great round-up as always.

CKHB said...

Once again, Google reminds me to check out your awesome Friday roundup! Thanks for the mentions!

Travener said...

Great links as usual, secret lover. One of my life's amibitions is to finally write something useful/interesting/provocative enough that Sierra Godfrey decides to link to it.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.