Friday, October 22, 2010

Google Reader Roundup

Oh, oh, oh! What a Roundup we have this week! This week was on FIRE in terms of announcements, epic blog posts, and very helpful writing tips. Read on:

  • Mega-mega-mega-trombone-boy-night-mega congratulations to Roni Loren for her two-book book deal! Read all about it here. Roni is a smart writer whose time has come...believe it. Suck up your envy and go congratulate her.
  • Nathan Bransford's guest poster Kay Elam defines the cozy mystery, and thank God she does because I have long wondered what exactly it means!
  • The Guardian's Robert McCrum (who, by the by, is married to Sarah Lyall, whose book I'm reading RIGHT NOW!!!) writes about Ford Madox Ford's page 99 challenge. Very interesting indeed.
  • Janice Hardy at Meghan Ward's Writerland talks about dialogue. "Don't miss this post," Sierra said, "or else you'll be toast." (Rhymes, yes!)
Happy weekend, darlings! I have a very sweet, cupcakey post for you on Monday. (Yes, cupcakes!)

6 comments:

Linda G. said...

For once I've actually already read most of those. Wow. I guess I'm getting better at this internet thing. Thanks for gathering them all in one convenient spot, though. :)

Roni Loren said...

Ooh, I haven't seen some of these. And just read the Scott Eagan post--good stuff!

Thanks for the shout out! You're the best!

Tina Lynn said...

Thanks for the mention you sweet, sweet woman. And yay! cupcakes!

Travener said...

Thanks, kiddo. Some interesting stuff.

Anne R. Allen said...

Great links yet again. You always find some I've missed. And thanks for the plug for my "publishing adventure" post. I have written a novel based on the experience. Now if I could just get an agent to find it exciting, too...

Tahereh said...

awesome lineup! i'd missed a number of these :D

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.