Friday, December 3, 2010

Google Reader Roundup

  • Pimp My Novel is discussing Genre Sales this week and next, so defo take a look. I particularly enjoyed his post on mashups--those books that are re-takes on old material, like Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. What Eric says is, "Stop writing that. It was funny the first time only." I couldn't agree more.
  • This LA Times post about the Best Bookstores in the World showed up in Nathan Bransford's week in books wrap up last Friday, and I wanted to call special attention to it because it mentions one of the best bookstores I know about: Atlantis Books in Santorini, Greece. Atlantis Books is basically in a cave in the town of Oia on Santorini. For those of you who don't know, I lived in Santorini for a few years as a kid (see these posts). A few years ago I wrote a novel that takes place there, which I had a lot of fun writing, especially knowing the island's curves as I do. And Atlantis Books? Featured heavily in the novel. How could I not? When I lived there, a bookstore with actual books in English would have made me explode into many pieces of delight, rather like the volcano that Santorini is. Alas, Atlantis did not yet exist when I was there. Its presence changes the dynamics of the island somewhat, for to be without reading material is...you know what? I need to do a blog post about this. Yes. Expect one soon. :)
  • Janice Hardy gives us a another freaking great post on telling red flags. Janice is so smart, I don't even think I could have written a post like this because I wouldn't be able to recognize half of them enough to write about them. Well, I can now, thanks to Janice.
Happy weekend, loverlies!

10 comments:

Matthew Rush said...

Wow, great wrap up! Thanks Sierra.

Linda Leszczuk said...

When I'm doing my morning blog run through, your roundups always go on my "come back to" list because there are so many great links to check out. Thanks.

Roni Loren said...

Thanks for including my and Tiffany's posts! :) And Natalie Whipple's is a great (though gut-wrenching) one to read as well. I'll have to check out the rest.

And can I just say, I love that your pic is wearing a santa hat. Too cute.

Lt. Cccyxx said...

Nice. Lots of interesting stuff here I hadn't seen yet.

Travener said...

Whom is that Editorrent to be lecturing us on who?

Tina Lynn said...

Woot! *follows linkies*

Linda G. said...

Great links! Thanks again.

Sierra Godfrey said...

You know what-- you all rock for taking the time to post a nice comment week after week on the Roundup. Your nice comments are the food of the Roundup--it eats them for sustenance!

And Roni thanks for noticing the hat right off...I'm tickled.

Elisabeth said...

I've been coming back looking for these roundups too...I just bookmarked that red flags post. :) Thanks!

Clare2e said...

Thanks for linking to us over at Women of Mystery! Now, must go comb through the rest of your links : )

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.