Friday, December 10, 2010

Google Reader Roundup

Well guys, I was laid low by a nasty stomach flu this week, so you have my apologies for such a short list. I wasn't even able to read blogs today and gather good stuff...I'm sure I missed some great posts this week, but I look forward to catching up over the weekend.

  • A continuation of Anne Allen's blogging series, here's a list of ways to establish a popular blog. (Like this one, naturally.) Anne, I didn't get a chance to tell you this, but you wondered if your blogging on Sundays was bad because supposedly the most-read blog days are Wednesday and Thursday--I wanted to tell you that you're still blogging on Wednesday and Thursday since you blog once a week. We just get to read you at our leisure.

9 comments:

Linda G. said...

Sorry about the tummy trouble. Ugh. But you still managed to supply us with some super links. You are a real trooper! :)

Lt. Cccyxx said...

Thanks for the link, Sierra. I hope you feel better!

demery bader-saye said...

The lunch post its = about the sweetest thing I've ever seen on the internet. Great idea! Feel better soon. Rest, rest & more rest.

Travener said...

Sorry my kids' stomach flu mades its way down the coast to you. I'll have to check out the Lord of the Rings blog post -- not for me but for child unit No. 1.

Anne R. Allen said...

Thanks Sierra. You're right, of course. People can read my blogpost any day because I only post once a week--with an occasional news bulletin in between. Yeah, well, I did call the post "part duh." So I stick with Sundays for new posts.

You'll note that I said one smart thing to do is have a round-up and post links to other blogs. I learned that from you. I love your round-ups!

Another thing is to post a link on Twitter. Sometimes it goes viral. Like this week. I've had over 1000 hits in two days after the RTs started taking off. Kind of amazing.

LOVED Jody Hedland's post on nasty reviews. She's so classy. Now I'm off to read the other posts I missed. You always have great ones.

Sierra Godfrey said...

Thanks guys, hanging in there.

Anne, to be fair one of the reasons I do the roundup on Fridays is so I don't have to think of a topic. I'm totally cheating with this post, the work is done for me! As far as Twitter RTs go....well, you have to have a post worth RTing first (yours was!).

Roni Loren said...

Sorry you've been sick. :( Thanks for including me in the list. Will have to check out the review on Stephen King's book. I was looking at the one in the bookstore tonight.

Lola Sharp said...

Sorry you have a stomach bug. Those are THE worst.

This is a great set of links, sick or not. :)

Happy Weekend,
Lola

Livia said...

I a bit late, but thanks for the shoutout, Sierra!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.