Friday, January 7, 2011

Google Reader Roundup

Welcome back, lovies, to the first Google Reader Roundup of 2011! Here's a chockablock list full for you. (I love that word chockablock, I do.)

  • Agent Rachelle Gardener has a new query policy in effect...and it's definitely an interesting one. On one hand, she says she doesn't need any new clients, but on the other, she leaves it open for long time blog commenters and others with whom she's familiar. What do you think about this?
  • Something must be in the fresh 2011 air about backing up. The Blood Red Pencil has a post on ways to backup--not just online storage options that I listed in my post. Very good stuff here as well.
  • As if we didn't have enough pressure on us already with blogging (see Meghan's guest post here on the blog from Wednesday about making yourself unhappy with blogging), we now have these suggestions from Nathan Bransford about blog comments. I don't like a few of them, like the one about how "the most effective and influential commenters" get there early. That sounds a little elitist to me and favors east coasters, but your mileage may vary on that one. My experience with Nathan's blog tells me he has found it to be true or he wouldn't have said it, no matter how much I might not like it.

No comments: