Friday, March 18, 2011

Google Reader Roundup

You should know that I have collated these at great personal discomfort. My stomach skin is ripping some new stretch marks as I type and it sucks. Those preggy books and web sites that indicate new stretch marks are itchy? Load of bollocks. They hurt. Because your skin is actually ripping. Not itchy. Hurt.

Now then.

  • Normally I wouldn’t include links to stories, but this one was surprising in the fine print at the bottom of the post.
  • A super interesting post complete with captured tweets that read like proofs on the concept of using social media to stop certain offensive words. Note: I have no comment about the use of the word discussed in the post, but I think the way the post was written and the point it proves was really interesting.

6 comments:

Linda Leszczuk said...

My true sympathies for your poor tummy. Those who have never gone through it can't possibily understand, but that vast sisterhood of those with stretchmarks of their own feel for you.

Roni Loren said...

Thanks for the great roundup and for including my post. I'm sorry you have painful tummy. :( Sending lots of cocoa butter your way. Those last few months of pregnancy are so tough. Bleh.

Linda G. said...

Aw, thanks for the mention! Another great roundup -- and I'm not just saying that because I'm included. ;)

Congrats again to Carolina!

Anne R. Allen said...

Oooh. Great list this week. Lots of intriguing ones. Better get to work.

So sorry about the stretching skin. Sounds awful.

Sierra said...

Thanks guys! I'm using something called Bio-Oil for the marks and it does help. Also using the Cocoa Butter stuff from Body Shop.

Vince Ferraro said...

empathy-the capacity for participation in another's feelings..I got it for you, hang in there kiddo.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.