On Monday, I have a truly despicable guest post for you from none other than my wicked Nemesis, Simon Larter.
- Agent Jennifer Jackson has a great question about queries for those new and old to them: if you could go back in time and share with yourself information about the query process -- What is the one thing you have learned that you wish someone had told you when you first began?
- Good God, the Rejectionist's Form Rejection Contest Winner is stunning. Guaranteed to instantly and effortlessly make you feel devoid of all intelligence and writing talent, it's so good.
- Agent Jessica Faust has a nice bit of comfort for you when querying--sometimes it really isn't just for the agent.
- Lots of posts this week from agents about not sweating queries--clearly, a movement is underfoot. Nathan Bransford, Michael Bourret at Dystel and Goderich, and Holly Root at Waxman (think this was mentioned last week's Roundup).
- Starting to think praps I should give Roni Loren at Fiction Groupie a regular starred slot on this list. Go one then. She's got another relevant and fab post on How to Increase followers on yer blog. Can't disagree at all.
- And finally: thank God for people who do this. Edditorrent has a fab fab fab roundup of what your plot parts your novel should contain. I regularly need checkups like this so I love it. The discussion is worth its weight in gold. (Which isn't much of a comparison really since it's digital but you get the point.)