Friday, November 4, 2011

Google Reader Roundup- Not

So yesterday we took our first trip to the emergency room for my 5 year old whippersnapper. His finger got caught in the bedroom door and took the entire nail off. There was blood and screaming and shock, and he spent a very tough three hours in the emergency room with wonderful and patient doctors who were kind and innovative. It was awful. He's doing great now--he's a strong, brave boy. I am also doing well, or at least better.

But I definitely don't have a Google Reader Roundup for you today. I do have a story from the ER though. While we were waiting to be seen, a guy walks in talking loudly on his cell phone to a friend. (I know it was a friend because he called him "dog" a lot. Either his friend or he was having a little convo with his super-intelligent and dexterous golden retriever.) He also had the most massive iPad I've ever seen. Like, easily the size of a flat screen TV.

He said, "I have to go dog cause I'm at the hospital. I got shot."

Then I noticed his bicep was streaming blood. The security guards rounded on him then, and the registration clerk asked him what happened. He said "Oh yeah, I got shot in my arm and in my leg." Then a police officer materialized magically and asked him what happened.

"I don't know," he said, although I'm certain he did. "I was walking down the street and someone started shooting at me. I was on the freeway and someone was shooting."

Yeah.

They ushered him in and then the security did a lock down on the ER which really didn't do much for my already rattled state of mind.

That guy, though. I'm almost certain he'll be making an appearance in a story sometime soon :)

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.