In keeping with the usual traditional of this blog, this post isn't one of those.
Instead, I thought I'd talk yet again about myself. (You know, in keeping with tradition.) So this will be about the books I've read this year, which Goodreads makes it easy to report using their stats tool. (I love Goodreads because I would never remember what I'd read otherwise.) Because I gave birth to my second baby, Rainbow Puppy, my reading was augmented by many nights in the nursing chair--a huge bonus in my book--but still Goodreads said I've read a mere 25 books this year --and I read 25 books in 2010 too. This was greatly disappointing, as I like to complete with myself. At least I didn't do a books-I-read-in-2010-post, so I'm still winning against myself. (I'm kind of a super lame Charlie Sheen.)
So here are some of the books I particularly enjoyed this year:
- This Burns My Heart by Samuel Park
- The entire Game of Thrones series (or more accurately Song of Fire and Ice)
- One Day by David Nicholls
- The Hunger Games trilogy
- Skipping a Beat by Sarak Pekkanen
- The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen
- Jumpstart the World by Catherine Ryan Hyde (I specifically read this because there was such outcry against it, so I was pleased to support the book--plus it was fabulous)
- Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson
- Minding Frankie by Maeve Binchy
- When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
- The Distant Hours by Kate Morton
- Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage by Elizabeth Gilbert
- The Woodcutter by Reginald Hill
- The three Save the Cat books by Blake Snyder (I so need to do a post about these, seriously)
I'm currently reading The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown, which is fabulous. So I'm going to hurry up and finish it so I can be at 26 books, thereby totally smashing my last-year-self into the ground, ha HA!
What book or books have you read this year that you loved? Let me know so I can add it to my list!