Friday, April 6, 2012

Google Reader Roundup

You may or may not have noticed that I failed to post Wednesday this week. I just couldn't get it together. I was exhausted from baby (non)sleep and chasing a raccoon (that's the baby) around all freaking day. But also, I'm pretty sure no one minds when I post. While my page hit count has gone steadily up, my comment rate has gone steadily down. (Pssssst! If you like a post, comment! I am a comment whore! I have never admitted to being a whore before. Cripes. And it's still Lent.) Oh right! Happy Easter!

Anyway I'm only telling you this because one of the posts I saw this week had a fabulous post on ways you can improve your blog. Usually I don't read those kinds of posts because they almost always have some squirrely way of getting visitor counts by sneaky link backs or something--you know, underhanded crap that has nothing to do with engaging with others or writing useful content--but this post was great and one thing it said really stuck out at me: you're either blogging as a hobby, or as a business. If as a hobby, then why blog when you don't want to?

Yes!

So, here are my links this week.

This week, Roni Loren donated a critique for auction (clean water donation). The auction has ended now but the site is fantastic and you can still visit it for other critique auctions.

Meghan Ward lists 8 secrets to a successful writer's group.

And the post that had the treasure trove of good stuff. In particular my favs were:

And finally, one of the biggest talked-about posts this week is the one on divorce in the Internet era from Nathan Bransford. Admit you read it or are rushing to read it because you want to hear about his divorce. Caught you! 



5 comments:

bordernest said...

Despite anything that Britney has gone by means of in the past years, and with her marital issues and her divorce.

divorce attorneys fort lauderdale

Cathryn Leigh said...

Divorce *shudders* Been through it as a kid, never want to go through it myself. Thankfully my husband doesn't either so we're good. We even communicate and feel the same way about money! *grins*

Anyway oh if only I had the time to follow some of those links, but I'm at the in-laws and ought to be socializing or something... I just want some quiet time! *giggles*

:} Cathryn

Steven J. Wangsness said...

Comment, schmoment. There, happy?

Meghan Ward said...

Hey, is this the post I tried to comment on before? I feel like I did already. Anyway, thanks for the link. I want to read Tawna's post on sucking, too (so fitting that Tawna would blog about sucking!)

Meghan Ward said...

P.S. I meant that in a sexual innuendo kind of way :)

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.