Monday, August 27, 2012

Crushing your Designer Anything

Just a quick little thing today.

Some months ago, a high school friend of mine with whom I'm connected on Facebook had this to say (thereabouts; exact language unsure):

"Just rolled over my expensive designer sunglasses in the driveway. Yep, there goes a ton of money. But I'm totally fine about it. I'm not hurt. It's just glasses. Going about my beautiful day."

At the time, I was appalled, like a curmudgeon, that she'd be so cavalier. What if they were prescription sunglasses (as mine are)?! They probably cost upwards of $300! Maybe $500!

But she didn't care. (Let's not go into the psychology of it and how posting it on Facebook might have been a way to show the world she didn't care. Benefit of the doubt, here.)

The idea stayed with me. Rolling over designer (easily $700) sunglasses, destroying them? Totally fine.

A good way to look at life, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.