Tuesday, September 25, 2012

5 Things I Love: Birthday Post

So today is my birthday and I thought in honor of my birthday, I would post lovely things that I like. Happy birthday to me!

1. Eos Lip Balm. Yes, these lovely egg-shaped little wonders are great on the lips and smell good, too. Packaging is a complete win--the second my 6 year old saw these, he wanted them too. Smell is a win, too with flavors that hearken back to the awesome old tin Lip Lickers-- remember those? How awesome were those?


Photo is from Gen Xtint.com


Anyway the Eos lip balm eggs above are available in tons of flavors, but I especially love the Alice in Wonderland pack of blueberry, vanilla, and watermelon. Not sure why they're Alice and Wonderfuland but I don't care, and the packaging comes with the delightful quote: "Very few things indeed were really impossible." Sublime.

2. Any magazine with Kate Middleton on it. Except the photos of her nekkid. Because I don't agree that we need to see that, especially when she didn't put her boobies on display for us all to see--just her hubs. But apart from all that, I freaking love reading about her and looking at her because she is so calm and collected and always put together. Doesn't she ever throw a strop and get really PMSy? Doesn't she ever have the runs? I know she does, but we never see it, and that's the way I like it.

3. The Communication Arts Design Annual, which comes out every fall and gets delivered to subscribers in a BOX. This issue is chock full of winning entries in Comm Arts' design entry categories like packaging, identity, brochures. I got mine the other day and have been guarding it and petting it and calling it my Precious. It's pretty much crack for designers.

4. The Grey's Anatomy season premier this week AND the series premier of Elementary. I've watched GA for years now and while it's getting slightly stale, having to wait all summer to watch more of the dramatic plane crash was annoying, so it's nice that it's back on. Elementary, now, oooh. Lucy Liu--YES. Johnny Lee Miller of Trainspotting fame? YES YES YES YES. Mr Ex-Angelina Jolie? Snore! Let's remember him as Sick Boy, shall we?

5. The start of fall. It began officially on 9/22. God, I love fall. Colors, smells, and cozy nights. I got out all my fall decorations right away. I'm ready for smoky chimneys and hot cider, aren't you?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your website offered us with valuable information to work on. You've done an impressive job and our
whole community will be thankful to you.

Here is my web site ... how to install cccam on openbox s11

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.