Thursday, January 24, 2013

Writers and Meatball Subs

The other night Mr. Sierra and I were watching 30 Rock-- we only recently discovered the show (I know) and we're watching it from the very first season on Netflix streaming. We're in the second season right now and there's an episode where Lemon orders a big meatball sub for pick up on her way home. The sub shop guy totally knows her, because she orders it often. Then her boss Jack comes along and makes fun of her for ordering a sub and staying in to work, read, and watch TV. He tells her to go out and have fun. (Remember this episode? I bet you do, because we're the last people on earth to realize this was a good show.) Later, she goes out with a younger guy to an art gallery opening, late at night. It's supposed to be the happening scene, and she's supposed to be out and about and living life.

Quite frankly, I preferred the meatball sub.

The older I get, the more I like my house. To writers, this probably doesn't come as much of a surprise since we all like sequestering ourselves away with our computers, hot drinks, chocolate, and maybe a furry animal. And silence.

The below image is pretty much spot on. I'm betting many of you can relate. God, it's a bit sad, isn't it?
What about you? Is this you, or am I just old? Are you a party animal? Is this how we are?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.