Friday, January 11, 2013

Writing resolutions

Are you one of those people who made new year's resolutions? I never do, because I'm afraid of them not working out. But this year I have some definite goals for myself. They are:


  • Write more honestly. This is hard, and easy. It means letting go a bit and writing what I want and less what I think imaginary people want to read.
  • Read more blogs. I'll be honest. I used to read writer blogs every day. I used to have a huge list and I would methodically go down it. I learned a lot! I made great contacts! But I simply have not had time to do it in the past year or so and I find I miss it. If you don't stay on top of what's happening in the publishing world, you'll be out of touch because it's changing so fast. So, I'll start my circuit again.
  • Move on. This is also simple and hard. It means moving forward with a plan and renewed determination, and it means abandoning things that don't work. I'm not even talking about writing projects. I'm talking about trying to do things that don't work. One small example is that I keep trying to have blog contests here. I have good prizes! No one cares. Sticking to the basics is my best bet. 
What are YOUR resolutions for yourself, about writing or otherwise? I love hearing about them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.