Monday, February 18, 2013

4 things I love right now plus 1 I do not

4 Things I Love:

1. This Paper Source peony wreath. Oh, it's so pretty. But let me tell you, you have to fold, cut, and curl each petal and it is, let's just say, an ongoing, long-term project. Here's the link. Yes, those are paper flowers! Aren't they pretty? I know. The second I saw it, I had to get it. I'll let you know when I'm done. Sometime next year, most likely.


2. My new apron from Sur la Table for Valentine's Day. Actually this is a post-Valentine's Day present, but a present nonetheless. Poor Mr. Sierra came home from work early on V Day with the stomach flu. Yeah. Here's the link to the apron online.


3. The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker. I'm reading it this week and I am really enjoying it. Fantastic concept. Growing-up angst  Although as a friend said, that preteen time, referred to in the book as the age of miracles, is actually the age of suck. But that doesn't make as nice a book title. More about it

4. This bird cloche, also from Sur la Table, and purchased as a husband-has-stomach-flu-on-Valentine's-Day consolation gift for myself. Look, I had to have it. LOOK AT IT. MEIN GOTT. The cuteness!

It only fits three cookies at a time, though. 




And the one thing I do not love:

1. The end of season three Downton Abbey. ARGGGH!! 


But then:




Oh, I say. Better buck up. Anyway, Game of Thrones is starting at the end of March, and Girls is still on, so.

Carry on!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.