Friday, February 1, 2013

Congrats to Kristen Lippert-Martin!

I am beyond thrilled today to congratulate my friend Kristen Lippert-Martin on the signing of her book deal to Egmont. Kristen is one of those ladies who make you laugh even when she's sick and covered in baby vomit, who talks you down off a ledge while she's on one herself, and is an all-around good egg. She's also a kick-ass critique partner, a good friend, and a supportive writer. I adore her.

Here's the announcement from yesterday's Publishers Marketplace;

Alison Weiss at Egmont has acquired world English rights to debut author Kristen Lippert-Martin's Tabula Rasa. In this contemporary YA thriller, a 16-year-old girl held in an isolated research hospital undergoes a forced experimental treatment to erase all recollection of her past. But when the procedure goes awry, she must face off against mercenaries sent to eliminate her once and for all. The projected pub date is fall 2014; Molly Jaffa at Folio Jr./Folio Literary Management brokered the deal.

Guys, if early iterations of Tabula Rasa are an indication, then you're in for a treat. The book is superb. When I read it, I went, Damn girl. This is THE ONE. It wasn't just me who said that, either. Lots of people have been going Damn girl about this book from the get. It's fast-paced, it's smart, it's gripping, and still manages to be sweet--all with a strong, amazing heroine that you will wish you had half the strength of.

So, congratulations, Kristen! I'm so excited for you! Here's how I feel about it:



and certainly this:


and definitely:




If you already know Kristen, then I know you're as thrilled for her as I am. Go congratulate her on her blog or twitter.

If you don't know her, please remedy that now.
Follow Kristen on Twitter -- she's hilarious: @KLipMart 
Read her equally funny blog: arockinmypocket.blogspot.com





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there colleagues, nice piece of writing and pleasant urging commented here, I am in fact enjoying by these.


Feel free to surf to my web-site :: 4235

Anonymous said...

What's Going down i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I've discovered It positively useful and it has helped
me out loads. I am hoping to contribute & help other users like its aided me.
Great job.

Feel free to visit my web site ... 92141

Anonymous said...

Hello just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren't loading correctly. I'm not sure why but I think
its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different browsers and both show the same results.

Review my homepage - available bed stuy apartment

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.