Monday, April 15, 2013

80s Mix Tape: A Bright Spot in the Brown

A lot of poopy stuff happened one day a few weeks ago, but when I sat down to write my 5 quick things about the day, what I remembered most was dancing in the late afternoon sunshine.

Which wasn't poopy at all.

You see, Mr. Sierra had found an awesome old tape of mine from 1994 and better yet--a tape player to play it. He put it on and I heard it and said to him, "Wow. This is awesome music. Are they playing this on the radio? What station?" He murmured something and then a few minutes later I said, "This really is awesome. What station, because I need to go make it my default." He laughed and told me it was my tape that I'd recorded off the radio in 1994 when our local alternative station in the Bay Area, Live 105, ran a Flashback Weekend over Labor Day or something. They played all the best long mixes of all the best old songs from the 80s.
I am supreme lover of 80s music, so this was fabulous.

But best yet, it was a real bright spot in all the poo and sometimes that's what you need. So I give you my Poopy Day Mix Tape. Yeah, it's a total 80s flashback, and believe me, I've got more. If you like it, leave a comment and let me know. I also tweet random 80s songs now and then.

I feel strongly that although How Soon is Now is a song about a pathetic guy, pretty much everything is better when you hear Johnny Marr's signature guitar.


The Smiths - How Soon is Now Extended Version
Cause and Effect - You Think You Know Her
New Order - Blue Monday Extended Version
Oingo Boingo - Dead Man's Party
Soft Cell - Tainted Love
Adam and the Ants - Ant Music
Tones on Tail - Go
Bow Wow Wow - I Want Candy


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I enjoy reading through your article.
I wanted to write a little comment to support you.

Feel free to visit my web blog ... http://Pawn.tom.ru

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered creating an ebook or guest authoring on other websites?
I have a blog centered on the same subjects you discuss and
would really like to have you share some stories/information.
I know my subscribers would appreciate your work.
If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e-mail.


Also visit my webpage; Air Jordan

Anonymous said...

I for all time emailed this webpage post page to all my associates, for the reason that if like to read it
next my friends will too.

Feel free to surf to my homepage: bankruptcy attorney florida

Anonymous said...

I am not sure where you are getting your info, but good topic.

I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding
more. Thanks for magnificent info I was looking for this information
for my mission.

Visit my website: www.kljb-koeln.de

Anonymous said...

An intriguing discussion is definitely worth comment.
I believe that you ought to write more about this topic,
it may not be a taboo subject but typically people
do not discuss such issues. To the next! Best
wishes!!

Here is my web page :: adfly auto Clicker

Anonymous said...

Why viewers still use to read news papers when in this technological
world the whole thing is accessible on net?

Also visit my website; miscrits cheats

Anonymous said...

Thanks very nice blog!

Review my web-site ... Best Ptc

Anonymous said...

Thanks to my father who stated to me about this web site,
this webpage is in fact amazing.

Feel free to surf to my weblog: how much should i weigh

Anonymous said...

Hi I am so grateful I found your web site, I really found you by error, while
I was researching on Digg for something else, Anyhow I am here now
and would just like to say cheers for a fantastic post and a all round exciting blog (I also love
the theme/design), I don't have time to read through it all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the fantastic work.

Feel free to surf to my web page - Diet plans that work

Anonymous said...

I rеally liκe your blog.. vеry niсe сoloгs & themе.
Diԁ you desіgn thіѕ website yourself or did you hiгe somеone to do
іt fоr you? Plz гesροnd аѕ I'm looking to design my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. thanks

Look at my homepage :: diamondlinks review

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.